Customer Happiness - Part Time - Break into e-Commerce
Verilux, the originator of the HappyLight®, has been leader in healthy lighting solutions for over 60 years. "Veri-lux" means true light and reflects our passion using full spectrum light that mimics daylight to enhance people’s life. As a company, we are committed to making people happy. We provide outstanding products, support and service to contribute to the happiness of humanity.
Our offices are located in Waitsfield, Vermont, and we have a small but mighty team of 12 people that run our national company with sales throughout the United States and Canada.
What You’ll Do
The Customer Happiness Internship includes supporting our Customer Happiness and Digital Marketing teams. This role will provide the right candidate with valuable experience and insights into the connection between marketing and the delivery of an outstanding e-commerce customer experience.
75% of this role will be focused on customer support via phone, email and social media. 25% of this role will be focused on digital content marketing initiatives and campaigns (social media posts, newsletter emails, etc.).
What You’ll Learn
You'll learn how marketing and customer support overlap and result in an exceptional e-commerce customer experience. Plus, you'll gain valuable experience using the following types platforms:
- website management
- e-commerce storefront
- customer engagement and relationships
- email service provider
- social media management
We’d be happy to provide any necessary documentation and support for college credit.
- Helpful- the desire to make people’s lives a little better or easier
- Friendly- ability to welcome customers into our world so they feel appreciated
- Empathy- ability to put yourself in customers’ shoes
- Patience- ability to be helpful when customers are upset
- Ethics - being motivated to do the right thing
- Problem solving- taking the initiative to find and present solutions
- Detail oriented- realizing the small things matter
- Creativity- the ability to think outside the box
- Balancing a high volume of inquiries with high-quality service
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries, resolving them, and making sure the customer is happy with our products and support
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments, and feedback
- Editing & QA-ing weekly email campaigns to ensure deliverability and accuracy
- Updating the brand website, Help Center, and customer support platforms as needed to maintain brand consistency across digital marketing platforms
- Conceptualizing social media posts, designing them, posting to social media, and analyzing engagement
- Supporting the Digital Marketing Team with other projects as needed
The Ideal Candidate
- Is genuinely excited to help customers and colleagues
- Has experience with making customers happy
- Has some experience with social media campaigns, website editing, and email campaigns
- Bonus for experience with running online giveaways, graphic design and SEO
Work Culture & Environment
- Work in a laid-back environment with a great team that’s friendly and helpful
- Work in a long-time established company that’s been in business since 1956 and growing quickly in the world of direct-to-customer e-commerce
- Work in a culture that’s passionate about helping customers
The Important Details
- This is a paid position
- This internship will run from late August 2018 - January 2019
- 15 hours a week with the possibility of more hours as our busy season picks up
- 10AM to 3PM Mondays through Wednesdays at our office in Waitsfield, VT
- Compensation is based on experience
Get in Touch
Submit your resume and cover letter, and tell us why you’re a great fit. Resumes will be considered on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.